Cream of Cauliflower and Cheese Soup
Low carb recipe
Serves 4 – 6
3 Cup Water
1 md Onion, chopped fine
3 tsp Basil, chopped fine
1 tsp Celtic sea salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
½ tsp Turmeric
2 ½ Cup Cauliflower florets, cut to uniform size
½ Cup Carrot, peeled and diced
2 Tab Butter
2 Tab Blanched almond flour
1 Cup Vegetable stock, hot
2 Cup Coconut cream
1/4 lb Cheddar cheese, cut into small pieces
- In a large heavy based stock pot cook water, onion, basil, salt, pepper and turmeric covered for 5 minutes over medium heat. Add cauliflower and carrot.
- Cover and cook until cauliflower is soft, about 15 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter. Add the almond flour and mix all the butter is absorbed by the almond flour. Slowly add the hot vegetable stock, whisking until smooth.
- Pour into soup and mix well. In saucepan, heat the coconut milk, add the cheese and stir over low heat until melted.
- Add to soup. Mix well and heat until soup begins to steam.
- Serve immediately and enjoy hot.